I finished the Blackberry cardigan this weekend and I’m very happy with how it turned out. It is amazingly warm – so for once I’m hoping for cold weather. I worked it from the top down and made the arms a good bit narrower and longer than on the pattern. I think I ended up with a slightly longer length as well – about 21 inches. For the border I added some short rows at the back of the neck for a higher shawl collar and I added a few stitches at the front edge so that it had a bit more give at the curved edge.
The brooch came from Newbridge
and was a Christmas present to myself. It works well with the cardigan but I’ve got to be careful not to snag the knitting.